- Internet Acronyms
- What all those weird TLAs mean in internet discussions.
- IT and communication by Jukka Korpela
- Excellent resource for many topics about Net, from web authoring to Usenet. (fi: Varsin kuuluisa näistä on Nyysiopas. Hyvää luettavaa on myös Web-julkaisemisen opas )
- Open Directory Project
- When you need a bit more comprehensive link list than this.
- Python Language Website
- An excellent interpreted language. Especially suitable for web programming.
- Areena-pelit (fi)
- A very good clone of Civilization II (though has rules for Civilization I as well). Runs on both Windows and Linux (and several other platforms), has network play and, of course, is free.
- Civ Evolution
- Another non-commercial game based on Civilization. Features self-designable units and fully deterministic gameplay. Still in development, but reasonably playable already. The standard AI is pretty helpless yet, but there are others you can try.
Interactive Fiction is the new name for games previously known as text adventure games. The new games are mostly free and written by real writers instead of programmers. Some of my favorites, made by Adam Cadre : Photopia (Short, easy and has an excellent story. Good game to start), Shrapnel (Also short and almost puzzle-free. Violence and twisted humor) and Varicella (King has died, and the ministers compete to become Regent. Palace Minister needs a cunning plan to eliminate the competition. Evil characters, treachery and dark humor. Relatively short, but has real puzzles).
- Programming language(or "design system") for creating Interactive Fiction games.
- The Interactive Fiction Archive
- The archive itself.
- Doom the Roguelike
- Demons, shotguns and chainsaws. A roguelike based on the classic first-person shooter. Very simple, might be good intro to roguelikes.
- Dungeon Crawl
- Perhaps not one of the most famous roguelikes, but one of my personal favorites. Simple, short and playable. Unfortunately, apparently no longer developed.
- Probably the most famous roguelike.
- Thangorodim - The Angband Page
- Angband is another popular rogulike. Has tons of variants.